Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore by tree not showing full directory structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallo32

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
IE
I have Brightstor Arcserve 9.0 Build 2052, installed on Windows 2000 SP4

Files disappeared from my file server & when I went to reinstall them, I selected 'Restore by Tree' to see the available versions, only the first four or five directories were displayed in D:\DeptDirectories (this being a share for all depts) There are approx twenty directories in this share.

I can restore by session without problem, but this problem is worrying.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Initialize your database per faq478-5164

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Common sense is not so common anymore

Thanks for the reply.

My database folder is located in C:\Program Files\CA\Brightstor Arcserve Backup\database

In this folder are numerous .chg files - about 330 of them

Are these all that I need to delete?

There are also seven very large Ast* files - can these be deleted or do I leave them alone?

Thanks

Hi,

Only delete the .chg files.
It is very unusual to have that many. Normally I have about 3 to 5!?
But ths ast files will hopefully be reduced when you run the initialization process.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Common sense is not so common anymore

I deleted all the .chg files and went through the proper procedure.

When I select 'Restore by tree' now, it is only displaying half of the available shares, just like before.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

This is also something that I've experienced in the past. If I remember it correctly I had to reinstall Arcserve for this to work. Before you do that you should try to install all the latest patches for arcserve but if that doesn't work then you have to reinstall it.

Or it could possibly be that the folders you're trying to restore we not backed up?!

Cheers,
GSC

Note also that "restore by tree" shows you what the client agent currently sees. If you want to restore stuff that's gone missing, you have to do a "restore by session." The tree that method displays will be complete, based on what's in the database for that session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back