Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore administator account? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistachi0

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
AU
Hi, I have a problem. I usually logon to my computer using administrator account. I foolishly tried to delete all user accounts in my computer to see how it goes, including administrator account. However, I forgot to backup (I'm not sure how to do it anyway). Does anyone knows how to restore (or created) a new account, instead of fresh install Windows 2000 again? And how to backup the user account? Also, how to set my computer to automatically logon by using a specific user account?

Hi there,

Try this link to retrieve your admin account This link is for the backing up users
To set the user to automatically log on to windows, go to the registry (start\run\regedit) (back it up first - registry\export registry)

At the registry editor, go to the following My computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\windowsnt\current version\winlogon

At the right panel, go to default user name and change it to the desired user name. Hope this helps

============================
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back