Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

leshill

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I'm trying to restore one of our Active Directory servers into a DR test lab so that I can try and test the restore of Exchange 2000. I've created a BKF file of the servers system state and C drive. I've rebuilt the machine as a standalone server and tried to restore the system state backup. This failed with sevral different errors each time. I tried rebuilding the server with Active Directory abd booting into Active Directort recover mode and then tried to restore the system state and once again it fails. Could somebody please confirm what the correct process is. I'm using Windows 2000 server SP2 on a DL380 G2.

Make sure that hardware is identical to the system you backed up from. You will have problems with different raid sets etc..

Hi,

I've got the same hardware but still I'n not able to restore the AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back