Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore a Novell 4.11 tape from ArcServe 6.? using ArcServe 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2002
GB
I have several (over 50) Novell 4.11 tapes backed up using ArcServe 6.? (Novell guy left the company so I can't even find out). We migrated to a pure Windows NT domain and droped all the novell servers. I've catalogged the tape succesfully using Backup Exec 8.6 and can see the file I want to restore. When I try to restore the file it takes 3 hours (the time to wind the tape to the end) and reports Successfully restored 0 files in 3 hours. BackupExec states that it cannot restore compressed ArcServe Tapes. To top it all off the volume in the novell server may have also been compressed. We cataloged the tape using ArcServe 2000 but the file is not shown there. Any Ideas?

email: pat@owenwilliams.co.uk or just post a reply. Any comments or sugestions will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back