Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restarting Checkpoint IP290 firewall and smartcentre

Status
Not open for further replies.

NileshB

Technical User
Sep 7, 2012
GB
Hello,

This is my first post here so please be gentle...

We're having some power work done at one of our offices next weekend. This will involve shutting down three Nokia IP290 firewalls and the server where Checkpoint SmartCentre resides.

We also have IP290s located in Regional offices which will not be shutdown.

I believe that the policies for all the firewalls are on SmartCentre. The process I have listed (and still finding info about) are as follows:

** shutdown SmartCentre server
** shutdown each firewall in office but the regional office firewall will remain on (I'm still looking for the command that will shutdown the firewalls cleanly)

There's some questions I have about the procedure. If I shutdown the SmartCentre server, would all of the firewalls loose their policies? In which order would you shutdown (and restart) devices, the server first and then the firewalls or the other way round?

As the regional sites are not going to be powered off, will these sites re-connect to the SmartCentre or will I have to make changes within SmartCentre to re-establish connection and push out policies to them?

Thanks in advanced!!

Nilesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back