Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restart reload Requests BC 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallian

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
MY
Hi,
I am getting this message very often "Message from the operating system Restart requested LIM initiated" and soon after that I get another request for relaod.
Although I am not getting any restarts but soon after I get an alarm stating LIM out of order and relaod failed in lim.
Could any one please advise why the LIMs are not restarting and what is the solution for this.
I have BC 11 SP 13.
BR
Gallian

It can be a problem with LSU
but I head similar problem; Earthing was fallty

Hello,
Is it remote LIM? May be you have problem with link between LIM and group switch?

A problem with LSU yes can be but does anyone agree that the LIMs are trying to restart but cant restart due to the disturbance counters set to 0.
I dont have remote LIMs the group switch connections are good but due to some reason the LIMs are trying to restart but cant.
One of the reasons which I think could have caused a restart is the value of PARNUM 29 which I increased to 25 for analogue CLI phones.This could have increased the load on the system and asked for a restart but as the zero dist they cant restart so the message kept coming, Till I manually restarted all LIMs.
BR
Gallian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back