Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restart NS500 from command line?

Jupiter99

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2020
IT
Is there a way to restart a panasonic ns500 PBX from command line, though a script? This might require an authentication mechanism / API ???

This is possible using telnet, port 33321

login -> login
psw -> password for installer
MPR> reset -r 1234
note: 1234 is part of the reset command

Is there a way to restart a panasonic ns500 PBX from command line, though a script? This might require an authentication mechanism / API ???
Can you please mention what the problem is that you have to take this action?

For example, there is no WEB access.
Тhis action helps.

Telnet is perfect!

We use a FQDN to expose the PBX over the internet and allow using Panasonic mobile softphone connection remotely using app SIP settings. Since the PBX is connected to the Internet through a main connection but we also use a backup Internet connection in case the first one is down, in this case the FQDN used by the setting "SIP server address (remote)" will automatically change, and since this scenario is monitored by a script, in case the main connection is down I want to quickly update the PBX configuration to grab the updated IP public address. Restarting the PBX will do the trick. Thanks!

This is possible using telnet, port 33321

login -> login
psw -> password for installer
MPR> reset -r 1234
note: 1234 is part of the reset command
Fantastic! Is there a command line reference for commands?

I have problem with ns500
When restarting from web
Orange light LED appears For a long time
So I turn it off and on power switch

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back