Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resource use and work calculate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nora73

Technical User
Sep 4, 2011
GR
Good evening.

I would appreciate your help with the following two problems :

1) For a resource that is set as a material, I want to show / calculate the usage rate (%) at each task where it is used. Exactly as it is shown the percentage of the resources which is set as work. To understand what I mean, a member of a workgroup works 50% of his time and he uses a computer at 50% of its time. I was asked to appear in Gannt Chart the usage rate (%) for the computer. Also I have to export a table where the percentage use of the material resource (computer) must be shown for each task.

If I set computer as work type resource (that is a solution) then I have another problem.

I have to show a field in Gantt Chart View, that calculates the total human work days for each task. For example. For the task “Task1” (duration 10 working days) works George (100%) and Lina (50%). The field “Total human days spent” will set to 15 days (work), which is right. If I assign to the task the computers which are used, then the field “Total human days spent” will set to 30 days, that is not right. Is there a way to calculate only the human work?

2) A task duration is set to 100 days. I use the A and B member of a workgroup to 100% of their time (work = 200 days). I add one more member of a workgroup (C) who is working 100% of his time for the same task, but only 50 out of 100 days. The total work converted correctly (work = 150 days), but the percentage shown in column Resource Name, and in Gannt Chart Bars reflects the percentage corresponding to the duration of 50 days (100%). I have to show the percentage corresponding to the duration of 100 days (50).
If it isn't possible, is there a way to calculate the percentage corresponding to the total duration of the task (100 days) using a formula?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide !

Nora

P.S. I am sorry about my English. it's difficult for me to express myself in English :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back