Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource for Independent Tech Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlogik

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2010
US
Sorry if not allowed. I'm not recruiting. Looking for a resource where I could use an independent Avaya telephony individual when needed on a per incident basis.

With Avaya going bust, and my PBX soon being replaced, my contract renewal is coming up and an considerable expense. Only really worried about having hardware support from them.

Software support I don't want to renew and my system can't even be upgraded anyway due to ancient hardware and lack of support of newer releases.

So looking for a temp solution to find a few contacts to use if I ever need help.

I run a S8300 with G450 and SIP gateway for some UM.

Thanks

Maybe Black Box?
Not sure if you'd have to have a maintenance contract or if you could do it on a per-call basis?

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

Thanks for the link. Will give them a ring/email.

Yeah, the problem with Avaya, is you have to pay an annual support contract. Then, the reseller/integrator will give you support over the phone per incident. But $10K for the remote chance of needing them, then a per charge rate?

Mitel and Avaya are killing themselves IMO with this setup and support model. Drives me nuts when I want to speak right with the source. Not that the integrator hasn't done well for us. Just seems like a bit of a farce.

So, going with a new PBX which I can talk to the support people directly, Shoretel, Cisco etc...

In the meantime, need to find a support person.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back