Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource Files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielnogo

Programmer
Jan 20, 2005
US
I'm following a tutorial for direct x.
They say to make a new resource file and then it gives you code to add to the resource file. I could just add new tooldbars and things like that, but I'd rather do it their way. How do you edit the actual code for the resource file? Whenever I double click it in file view it just brings the resource menu up.

In VC++ 6.0
Go to File->Open, browse for the file, change the 'Open as' option to 'Text' and click Open.

Another way that I like to do is to search for a string that you know is in the resource file and double-click on the result in the Find in Files Output.

In VC++ .NET 2003
Go to File->Open->File..., browse for the file, click the arrown next to the Open button and select Open With... from the dropdown menu, then select Source Code (Text) Editor and click Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back