Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resoruce file murdered my project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprus106

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
I'm fairly certain when I tried to add a resource file it obliterated my project, but I could definately be wrong. It didn't start happening until I added the .rc file and compiled it.

So here goes... I added the .rc and compiled it with my project. Then it started giving me an access violation error. So I tried stepping through the code to see where I was getting the violation. But it's happening BEFORE the first line of code in the entire project, which I've personally never seen before. So I deleted all the excess files and the executable and recompiled and got the same thing. So I removed the resource file from the project and renamed it just to be safe and am still getting the error. Now I'm pretty concerned, since I've been working on this for 6 months and have just spend the last 4 hours getting the same access violation. By the way, when I click OK on the error message, it just gives it to me again and again.

To be honest, I'd have to say I'm thoroughly terrified.

Cyprus

Well, I retract my previous question. It had something to do with a header. But I have to say, in my years of programming BCB, this tops the list as the wierdest error I've ever experienced.

Cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back