Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resolving recipeints by multiple fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
US
My exchange server used to be configured to locate recipients when the first name was typed in, the last name, or the smtp address. After setting up the new server this is not configured. Can someone help me with where to go in Exchange Administrator to configure this search options...

It is there already. This is what allows you to do the check name so you can open the mailbox. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thank you Xybertron. Seems I can type in a last name and it will resolve to a recipient. I can also type in the smtp address and it will resolve. Problem is I can not type in the first name. On my last e-mail system we had it set up to resolve on this as well. I am wondering where to set this - on the Exchange server or the clients....

cenn
Automatic Name Resolution is actually set up at the client, in OL2000 Tools|Options... E-mailOptions... Advanced E-mail Options... It will resolve to any unique portion of the GAL\Contact name.

Chris

Hey guys - found this in my notes. You run exchange admin in raw mode (admin.exe -r). In there you can view the database by selectin Veiw and then Raw Directory. Once you do this you can look in the "Schema" that shows up and change properties on fields. In my case I chose the First Name field and changed the Search-Flags value to 2. Now, when users type in a first name in the To: field of outlook it finds the recipient. If there are more than one recipient with that first name the entry will become underlined with red. The users can then right click on it and a list of possible recipients will come up......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back