Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleggett

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
US
I have just finised designing our new web page that is getting ready to be published. After designing this, it did not come across to me that it will open in differant screen resolutions. Is there a way for me to easily fix this so that it will adjust according to the screen resolution? I am using Dreamweaver CS3. Thanks

you will want to create the site using a liquid layout.

rather than setting your widths to fixed pixel dimensions you will use % instead.

this method, however neat it may seem, will present you with issues that can become quite a headache. I would recommend sticking with a fixed width site (usually 900-950 pixels is fine).

if you still want to continue your path simply go to google and type liquid layout website and thousands of tutorials will come back. good luck.

Darryn Cooke
| The New Orange County Graphic designer and Marketing and Advertising Consultant
| Marketing and Advertising blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back