Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resizing jpgs..... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
say i have a jpg that was saved from he net at 200/137 pixels..is there a way to increase size to about 600/whatever and keep the quality of the photo without it getting so pixelized..

That is a big jump, it is hard to maintain the integrity of the image with that magnitude of change. Make sure the image is in RBG color mode and it will expand much better.

Image -> Mode -> RGB color » » » » » »
Mike Barone
FREE and Pro CGI/Perl Scripts

FREE Scripts

Also try to keep doubling the size of the image - it makes the resampling easier for photoshop. And in the image > size menu make sure that the resampling rate is set to bicubic.

But as Mike said, resizing a JPEG is going to reveal the problems with the original image. You could try to apply a blur to remove the pixelation and then a sharpen edges filter, but you're still fighting an uphill battle, and no amount of filters is going to replace image information that isnt there in the first place.

good luck anyway

thanks for your help guys but i don't think nothing will work as i need it to..was just a thought that you guys might have some other way but as i have found out there really is no way to get a good product by increasing from such a small one..i'm doing a web site for a lady that is selling tropical plants..i needed a scenic photo of jaimaca and only found some very small ones..will keep searching though..if you guys happen to find any of substantial size send em my way would ya..thanks for your help..you both got stars..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back