Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing Captured Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurleyJ

Technical User
May 13, 2003
US
Oh yes, I'm new! I'm hoping you can help out. I've captured footage at 720x480, but I need it at 320x320 to import into Flash. Any idea how to do that? Thanks!

Go to Project>>Project Settings menu
Make sure "Video for Windows" is your mode in General
Drag the captured video to the timeline.
Do file>>Export>>Movie
Click the settings button.
Change resolution to 320x320
Adjust any other settings (compression)
Click OK and then name it and click Save.

-Volkoff007

Super thanks for the help! The only problem is now the clip is squished. I need to crop the current clip to 320x320. Is that possible? Thanks!

Its going to be squished since 320x320 is a square and you're coming from a "rectangle" resolution.

There may be an option to keep frame aspect ratio. I'll have to check mine at home.

-Volkoff007

Thanks :) I wasn't sure if there was some sort of "crop"' function in Premiere, where I could crop the film much like you can crop an animated gif. If there is, I'd like to use that feature. ;)

Cropping is to "take" out any extra stuff in a scene that you dont need (ie 10 pixels from the top/right/bottom/left etc)

You want to resize or to crop?

Yep, I mean crop. Sorry, I'm used to photoshop/illustrator/indesign/flash, etc... I'm really new to premiere. :)

Roger that WizyWyg, that's why if I crop the footage, it won't be scaled incorrectly. However, if I resize the footage, it will be. That's why I was wondering if there is a crop tool in Premiere that I can use to cut the footage size down. I don't mind that I'll be cutting out some of the footage. :)

If I needed to do this, I'd consider using Image Pan. When shifting the rectangle, if you hold the ALT key down, it preserves the ratio.

This is as close to "crop" in Premiere that I know of.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back