Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resize DW page

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantcactus

Technical User
May 29, 2002
US
Yes, I did check the FAQ's! I created an index page in DW (I have no idea what I'm doing) and need to resize the main page as it's way too big. I read an FAQ that said to go back into DW and just resize the screen res. Well, the only place I can find to do this is at the bottom RH side of the window (drop down menu) but it makes the entire window tiny, way too small to try and work inside. I did this anyways and resaved with a new name but it makes no differnce when I upload, it's still the same -- too big for a 17 or 15" monitor.
HELP!
Thanks,
Wanda.

start over and make a table size 700 width

[afro] sometimes i just cant take it...then i realize its already to late

Thanks Deecee,

...But now I can't seem to overlap my blocks of text/images. Prevent overlaps won't 'turn-off'. Also, the table resizes for the window but when I turn on autostretch for the image & text cells, they align themselves improperly...

Also, is there any way of changing the leading?

Am I correct in assuming that I will be able to use autostretch on text I create in DW but not on images? If I wanted to have my images resize would I have to do that in Flash?

Thanks!
Wanda.

images resizing would make them look bad unless they were always getting smaller...but even then its best to use an image editing program to optimize images

as for overlap if you want stuff on top of each other its much easier to use layers...but then these can get tricky sometimes...you might want to try these out first then if they dont work...let me know

[afro] sometimes i just cant take it...then i realize its already to late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back