Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resizable scrollpane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijkstra30

Programmer
Oct 24, 2005
RO
Hello there!

I have a tabbedPane. Each tab contains a scrollPane.
Each scrollPane has variable sized editors.
If i set the scrollPane to a smaller preferred size it's not ok for the longer editors:a scroll bar appears even if there is enough space below for the entire editor.
If i set it bigger, the smaller editors show a scrollbar of cuorse, that i don't need.
If i don't set it at all, the editors display just a small stripe at first, but when i change the tab and come back to the editor, it looks ok. How can I make it look ok from the begining?
Setting the minimum size doesn't work.

So, how can I set the dimension of scrollPane to match the size of the editor as the editor changes?

If i don't set it at all, the editors display just a small stripe at first, but when i change the tab and come back to the editor, it looks ok. How can I make it look ok from the begining?

Maybe call revalidate() on the container. Don't know if this will work; it's off the top of my head.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back