Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resintalling PM 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
I recently got a file from one of my cutomers that creeped out my PM 7.0. Once the new files were opened, I could no longer create pdf's. The program would close down. I was also unable to create a Postscript file using File> Print. Now if I try to remove a photo that has been File> Placed, the program also closes down.

The inablilty to do pdf's and postcsript files affected even new documents!

I am going to reinstall PM 7.0 now that the offending book has been sent to press and has been delivered to the customer. I am also going to trash all the files the customer has sent me since the book has been published.

My question is -- do you thnk any other of my PM files will be corrupted? I do a lot of other work in PM and hate to think of losing it all.

Thanks,

Daniel

Not an easy question to answer, however I expect that your previous PM files are sound if you have not recently opened them.

You really need to make a thorough job of removing and re-installing PM, as the system Remove/Install programs usually leaves behind any personal settings. They really need to removed in case they are connected to your problem.

I wrote this FAQ a long time ago, but I thnk it's still essentially correct. It explains how to completely remove PM.
7.6 - Re-installing PageMaker

If you need the PM7.0.1 and PM7.0.1a updates which IIRC included some tweaks around creating PDFs, they're here:
Downloads for Adobe PageMaker

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thanks, John. I plan on tackling the job this weekend.

Go, Buckeyes! It's our version of football. =-)

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back