Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resiliency handoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelExpert

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2010
US
Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause some phones not to rehome back to the main node. I have 8 3300MXe MCD4.2 and 1 MXe MCD 4.2 at the CoLo. The other 8 are local ICPs. All phones are programmed on the CoLo and if the CoLo goes down they home to their respective l;ocal ICP. All of this happens and when the colo comes back up, 90% of the phones rehome back to it but 10% dont. What would cause some phhones not to rehome back? I just made a few changes to the Controller Registry to see if that makes a difference but was hoping to get some other ideas. These are the changes I made in the Controller registry.....

Resiliency - Secondary ICP Health Check Interval (seconds)
from 60 to 45

Resiliency - Successful Health Checks Prior to Hand Off (1 - 20)
from 5 to 2

thanks

do the phones stay in resilient mode <blinking cursor> or does phone loop trying to reach ICP?

I have had problems with 4.2 and resilenency as well. It takes over an hour for all of my phones to come back on line if I reboot the controller. I think that they attempt to fail over to our controller at our second location and then when the primary comes back up they get lost and don't know where to go. According to our vendor, their is a "bug" in 4.2 in the bootup routine, so hopefully they will get that fixed soon. I am not sure if that is related to your issue, but it could be. I found that when looking at my phone inventory during controller bootup, some phones were still homed to the branch office, and then phone right next to it was homed to the primary. It was weird to say the least..

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

mmm, i have the same problems with older releases 9.0.3.15
So a quick solution might not be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back