Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Residual Reorder Messages after Phones R Forwarded 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainnman

Vendor
Sep 30, 2004
US
Just installed an ACS with a Small PC card that answers all calls on two lines. They forward their phones to another office frequently during the day. When their phones are forwarded and I call in, I hear the other office Auto attendant but the light stays on the line that is forwarded. With the lines not forwarded and I hang up after the auto attendant answers, the lines disconnect properly. I realize this must be an SBC signaling issue but I wanted to make sure there isn't something I can change to before I get involved with Telco meets etc. She has another office with this happening and a third office that does not do this.

Unless you have centrex lines, and are trying to perform a centrex transfer, you should see 2 lines lit. The line the call came in on and the line that the call used to forward the call. Remember, you are using a toll call to forward any calls so subsequent charges will apply.

Good, hope this helped.
Matt

Are you just using SBC's call forwarding (72#, and 73#) to do the forwarding? If so, is the VMS Hunt Delay set to answer the lines on 0 or 1 ring? SBC will send 1 "reminder" ring whenever a call comes to a forwarded line, so you don't forget that calls are going somewhere else. However, the Partner still sees the ring, and attempts to answer it, taking the line off hook. If you set the VMS Hunt Delay to 2 or 3 rings, it should then ignore the reminder ring, but still answer incoming calls.

Thanks TTT I'll give that a shot, I appreciate the quick responce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back