Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Residential VoIP svc has trouble reaching CallPilot subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
I have two separate users of residential VoIP service Sunrocket who report when they dial their DID numbers in our office Nortel Meridian (61C, Succ 3.0), their CallPilot VM boxes do not answer. They hear what they think is the Nortel lady saying "the number you're calling doesn't subscribe to this service, please hold for an attendant." The call then seems to route to a particular CallPilot service directory number (ACDN 4099) that I *thought* we were not using anymore. From there, the caller can thru-dial to other extensions on the Meridian with no problem. (This old ACDN is working as designed, I just don’t know how the caller got there.)

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas what's going on, or where to check to see what exactly is pointing to this ACDN/SDN 4099 that I thought was obsolete? I know Nortel and Sunrocket will likely point the finger at each other and say “it must be the other guy’s fault,” so I thought I’d start my troubleshooting here in the forum.

I also posted this in the Meridian forum. Sorry for the double post if you're seeing this twice. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Have you checked the SDN's? I can't think of anything (other than corruption...don't freek) that would cause that.

Double check where the DID's are FNA or HTA'ing to and verify that they have MBoxes built.

Not trying to insult your inteligence...the guy typeing, was trying to do an upgrade and was plugged into J21 of a 61c. The Install Menu didn't come up...I went through 3 IODU/C's before I found that nice tid bit out!! J25! J25! J25!! for install's.. ugh,

eso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back