Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resetting the operator password

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwood

Vendor
Jul 15, 2003
CA
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to reset the operator password in feature 982?I enter operator as the password but it does not work.This is on a NAM 4.0.
Thanks! Tim

Do Feature 985 then 7
password is 7373867377793 to reset it.

MarvO said it

Marv01
Is there a way to change 7373867377793 to something else, someone at one of my sites knows this password and keeps changing the admin password to something else and than I can't get in to reset Vmail Box passwords.

ace,

You'll just have to reset it yourself everytime some one changes it, as there is no way to change 7373867377793. Not to my knowledge at least.

Louie Roldan

acewarlock,
Maybe we can hack it and sack it. I will give it a try.
You're right, there are times when it would be nice to protect it. May be a good example of what can happen when we give out too many passwords on a forum such as this.

MarvO said it

I agree Marv- they probably found the code here. And I have been guilty of at least referring people to such posts.

I assume Ace, that you are referring to sys-admin, not operator. But are you sure they are changing it, as opposed to just locking it by trying to login unsuccessfully with the incorrect password.

If you have to keep changing that password back, then I would bill the customer everytime for that until the company owner gets sick & tired of paying the bill for that and puts a stop to it.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back