Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting Radio Buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksw1069

Programmer
May 5, 2006
US
I have a form that has 3 radio buttons that a user can use to if they want to retrieve data (by description or stock #, or by page #). Purely optional. If neither of them are selected (as when the form first loads) then the default retrieval is to retrieve all. They would like a "Reset" button, in case after they select one radio button, they can change their mind and have them all cleared (to retrieve all)....but it appears once one is selected, all of them cannot be reset without resetting/reloading the entire form...

Just wanted to make sure that is the case or if there is a way I can accompish this...since there are other controls on the screen that I do not want to have reset with a reload of the entire form.

Thanks!

Why don't you just add a 4th radio button to the form. When the form loads, default the value for 'all' to be selected. You won't need to reset the radio buttons if there is an 'all' selection.

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Did you consider changing to CheckBoxes?

Steam Engine Prints

That's what I would do. Doesn't sound like you meet the criterion for option buttons, that all selections must be mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back