Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting IP406v2 Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1175

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
I was reprogramming IP406v2 R3.2.69 I decided to backup and do a factory default to clean out all previous prgramming etc just to have a clean slate. I click the reest button and now I can not reconnect to the ipo I have tried the default IP the programmed IP connection pc directly to IPO with dynamic ip enable on pc. No luck. I tried to connect to DTE port w/ 38400,8,n,1 hyperterminal and I get nothing but I did notice that tftlog shows the mac address receive and send bootp for the mac the end of the line showing 0.0.0.0:68 What's happening anybody else experience this???

Connect with DTE again and do this:

AT
at-debug
system.

This will show the ip address.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

you can also try the port 8 on the LAN switch in the hopes that LAN2 is enabled and sends out DHCP for you, but tlpeters suggestion will work either way and if you are familiar with the DTE it will be the fastest

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Thanks for the feedback I was trying the DTE reset but was not getting any response as a last ditch effort I unplugged everything including handsets but the pc ethernet DTE and power and it finally worked now it seems to be working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back