Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting A Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcman

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
I am using Crystal 8.5, I have subreport with a shared numbervar Monthly_Charges := that distinctcounts total failures, "monthly" and a main report that sums total mileage, "monthly". I can't get the shared numbervar to reset monthly. The last month total is 110 and in the main report the total 110 repeats for all months.

Sorry if this a duplicate question. I've been out of the game for a while and I'm trying to get back in.

Please describe the report grouping and the location of the sub-report.

Cheers
Pete

In the main report its grouped by Mileage_Reading_Date (monthly) and in the Sub report its grouped by Failures_Date (monthly).
The location of the sub-report is in the Report Header of the Main Report.

if your subreport is in the Report Header, then it is only running one time and will only return one value.

you can move it to your group header, and change the links so that the subreport only runs for the same omnth as the group in the main report. Then it will run once per group (month) and return that group's (month's) results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back