Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting a Opt. 81C

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynmar

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US

I understand that these PBX's should be re-initialized evey so often. Can any one tell me what this does, and how often it should be done? Thanks.

Hi,

If your 81C needs a initialization every so often, get somebody in who knows meridian.

We have multiple 81c running and they haven't been initialized in years....

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

I worked on an 81c for seven years, and in that time it was initialized often. Either to clear a fault or on the odd occasion by its self.

Eitherway, i know that the attitude of the level1 BT engineers that used to help Maintane it, was one of if you can avoid initialization then avoid it, there is always an chance the thing wont come back up.

hope this helps

Tim

If the switch doesn't want to come back up, I for one would rather know about it following a scheduled ini, rather than find out about it by accident after an automatic ini, possibly during working hours leading to an exposure.

Not coming back up is a sign that something is wrong, and attention can then be given to the reason for that.

Sure it can sometimes need a little assistance getting back to it's feet after an ini or reload..

There are pro's and con's to scheduling regular ini's. I've heard of customers who carry out reloads, even when nothing is wrong, every few months. And there are customers who would bend over backwards to avoid them, sometimes taking remedial measures to avoid an ini that exceed the pain & risk of the initialise itself.

From freeing up stuck tasks to clearing out registers and clearing status flags and much more, the M1 ini can be pretty useful. I tend to go for reloads more these days, though.

Rgds,

Krayten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back