Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset User Password Across All Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihcc2uni

Technical User
Mar 26, 2007
US
I am new to Lotus as our previous admin just left. When a user need a password reset, nothing seems to be working. Is there a way to reset their password across all the servers at once?

Hi there,

The user password is tied to the user's ID file. When logging on, the user inputs his password and the server he is logging into authenticates it. Once that state is passed, the user will be able to freely access all servers that allow him access.

The question is, how was the password reset ? I'm guessing that you reset it on a local copy of the ID and did not send him that ID.

Side question : what version of Domino is the server running ?

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

I reset the password by going into Domino Admin 8.5 > People > Located User > ID Vaults > Reset Password

Sounds like I need to then extract the ID from the vault and send them that ID to use on their local machine? Would this enable them to connect to Sametime again as well?

I believe the Domino server is running 8.5.2FP2

Thanks for your input!

Yes, that's exactly what you need to do.

If the user doesn't have the updated file, he is still using the password in the ID file he has, which is incorrect.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back