Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset Toner Counter HL-L8350cdw

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello All,
This bugged the hell out of me twice now and I figured I would save someone some time. If you need to reset the expired toner message on this printer it is super easy...... assuming you know how. I had some aftermarket toner that wouldn't register as a "new" cartridge until I manually reset this counter. All you have to do is power up the printer, open the front tray where you would normally replace the toner, hit "Secure" and "Cancel" at the exact same time. Then you scroll to the type of toner you are resetting. K for black, C for Cyan, M for magenta, Y for yellow. The ones with HC are for High Capacity so depending on which toner type you installed, either normal or high capacity, you reset it to that choice. Again, super simple if you know what buttons to hit. See the image below for those who dont want to read the above:
HL-L8350cdw_rvrara.jpg

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Why don't you re-write this as a FAQ? So it doesn't get lost in the works. :)

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Should have did that in the first place. Acting like it is my first day on the tek-tips force......

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back