Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset The Ethernet Ports To Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Guys,

Greetings! I need to reset the ip addresses on my network ports to default. There was a FAQ on this, but I could not find it. Could some point me in the right direction, please. Thank You.

Quaz

Do you have access to the system via Manager?
if not because the addresses are not known then you can always connect a digital phone (9508 is best for this) to it, log off the user with *36 and push any of the auto dial buttons and it will give you system information and IP information

then you can use Manager to do it.

There is only the reset button otherwise and resetting the entire system means also deleting the programming. I have not heard (or can't remember) any procedure to set the IP to default.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I thought the question was a bit vague. Is this SE or IP500?? You can get the IP address from the DTE port of an IP500 as well when it is booting it will list the IP in a hex format.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back