Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset Proxy Setting at IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngJoo

Programmer
May 14, 2002
MY
could anyone let me know whether i can reset the proxy setting under IE properties -> tools-> connections-> LAN setting button.

Actually our users have known the proxy port and address.so i would like to reset their proxy to blank before i disable the changing on proxy setting on group policy.

Please advise.Just let me know if WIN2K doesnt have this function.

Thank you in advance.

internet explorer administration kit if you have one should be able to do this

if all clients are win2000 and up you can just change the ie settings on the server and import them into the group policy, that will change them and prevent users from changing it back until you allow it.

ie admin kit is gonna be easier though

Can you teach me how to import to group policy?

you should be able to control this via group policy. do you have Internet Explorer Maintenance under User Configuration->Windows Settings in your GPO? if not try getting the latest inetres.adm template and import that into your group policy. To do this put the adm file in %systemroot%\inf and then go into the group policy, right click administrative templates and add/remove templates. click add and then select the inetres.adm file. you can then edit the "connection" settings for the proxy server under ie maintenance. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back