Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset password with CLI / STK L20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camel2009

Technical User
Dec 17, 2009
DE
Hello,

I've got a STK L20 with firmware 2.13.
We want update to 2.15.3. Unfortunately we forgot the password. I connect to the CSE connector and tried a password reset but I have to type the old password first. Has anybody an idea what I can do? Does anybody know the default password for the L20?

Thanks

You don't need any passwords to update the firmware via the CE port, Use Hyper Terminal.

You start it off by typing 'download' at the CLI prompt. You get a message to say you have two minutes to start the transfer. You then use the transfer function of Hyper Terminal to select the firmware file send it with Z-Modem.

P.S. The defult password might be horizon or Horizon, but I'm not sure.

Ok, I tried in your way (it's the same in the INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING NEW MICROCODE document). Everything was fine, but it hangs at the end. I wait three hours, but the Display shows the message "Download Started Warning! Warning! Do not reset library until download done". After three hours I reboot the Library. Now then the labrary died :-(
I have got only a blank display. I am looking for a new LLC. Can you tell me if the boards from L20, L40 and L80 identical in construction? There are so many Partnr. Some seller told me the LLC's are the same. Other sellers told me that not.

Partnr. I got:
310667408 (This one I can get at a good price)
310667xx

Thanks

All of the LLC cards are the same for the L20/L40/L80

Camel2009,

Yes they are the same but as STK use the last two digits of the part number for the card EC level, it is best to get one with a higher number. The the one above that you can get for a good price looks good. Try to get one already loaded with 2.15.03 firmware, just in case your firmware file is corrupted and you take out your new LLC card.

Also, remember to set the LVD/HVD jumbers correctly on the new LLC before installing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back