Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reset cisco catalyst 2900 series 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

khine

MIS
Jul 27, 2006
GB
Hello,
I have inherited a cisco catalyst 2900 series and am trying to reset it to its factory defaults.

I don't have a password (although, I may have, not 100% sure, until I connect to it) for it and don't use PC but have a Mac OSX.

How would I go about in re-setting the switch to its factory defaults, and how do I connect to it from a Mac.

Any advice much appreciated.

Norman

Passsword recovery procedure:

When you are able to get back in after you reset the password enter erase start and confirm when prompted. The enter reload and confirm. The device will reload to the factory default.

As far as terminal emulation software for a MAC, it looks like there is a built in utiltiy called screen. I don't believe MACs have a serial port either so you'll need to get a serial to usb adapter.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back