Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset a Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

djones92

Vendor
Jul 22, 2010
US
I know this sounds like a dumb question but is there a way to reset an IP phone 5330, 5340, 5360 from the phone without actually unplugging the phone. I know that I can get into network programming and make a change then save it and then it gives me the option to reboot. I was just wondering if there was a reset option.

There is not reset option as such.
You can reset the phone back to Enter PIN by removing the MAC address in the User config form
You can also reboot the phone via the maintenance commands just find the device ID by typing locate fea ext <xxx> you should see the device ID
The enter load ipdev <xxx> and the phone will reboot

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

I tried this and window jsut shows load initiated after I confirmed the command? No phone reboot?

laod ipdev xxx <xxx=extension> and zip? I have the 3300ICP 4.1 sp1 SOFTWARE 10.1.1.11_2

You do not use the extn number you need to use the device ID
when you issue the locate feat ext command it will tell you the device ID as well as the extn number

Once you have the device ID then type 'load ipdev xxx' you will see a confirmation 'load initiated'

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

ok, thanks. re-read and tried again. it did reset phone, pretty quick but worked - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back