Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset 3631 - Wipe all settings and start over again. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibuor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2010
KE
My boss and I decided to go for Avaya 3631, then he got overzealous with changing the settings and now his set does not ring at all.
I asked him what he did and he did the same to my set. It stopped ringing, but I was able to use the menu to reset to factory defaults and it started to ring again.

However, I have not managed to achieve the same on his set, because I have to give him instructions on the phone (his mobile) on how to reset the 3631 to Factory defaults.

Is there a key sequence, in lieu of the menu, which when pressed, can wipe all setting on the SIM card as well as reset the unit to factory defaults??

He is thousands of miles away and so the easier option would be a way to achieve this, rather than me go to him or him come to me.

Or is there a way to wipe the phone via the ACM?:)

We are using the phones on ACM 5.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back