Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reserving space in a Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

be35g

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
I know this is a strange situation, but we print a report with multiple subreports and is normally 2 to 3 pages long. These pages are folded horizontally and filed in a folder. We need to insure that no print is placed on a couple of lines in the middle of the page since these documents are handled often and print across the fold often becomes unreadable. Is there a way to tell Crystal to reserve space in the middle of a page?

Thanks,
Wesley Welsh
Greenville County Government

As far as I am aware there is no actual way of doing this.

The only simple (??) way if you are using grouping is to ensure that your complete group section is defined as a constant length which will be just under half a page.

You will then get 2 sections per page with a gap in the middle which can be adjusted accordingly!

Alternatively, if your good at running totals (!!) you can use 3 detail sections

The first section will display your details

The second will contain a suitably large blank space, and suppressed until X records have been displayed (enough to get to just before the middle of the page)

The third will contain a small blank space, and suppressed until Y records have been displayed (enough to reach the bottom of the page). The third detail section will have the page break after ticked.

May be hard work to do this .
I've not tried it ...

Good luck,
Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back