Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reservations In Asset and Change Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayison

Programmer
Jan 6, 2003
US
Disclaimer: I'm a newbie to Remedy Development.

I've been tasked with creating reservation functionality in an asset loaner program we have. The requirement is to use Change to create the reservation request for a specific type of asset. My organization emphasizes minimal change to the Out of the box Applications.

Ex: I have a pool of cameras. If someone wants to reserve a camera for a specific period (start and end dates given). I need to be able to check for the availability of a camera for those dates. I created a table to hold AssetType, Start Date, End Date, AssetID, ChangeID. I've tried several different approaches, but always seem to run into a wall somewhere. I was thinking there should be someway for me to pull that table into a table field and use an active link guide. However, I have been unable to make it happen.

Does anyone have any ideas, or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back