Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RESERVATION BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiuso2

MIS
Feb 22, 2002
I'm trying to realize a reservation board for an Hotel.Well,
i'd like to know if someone has never made something like this. offcourse i don't want the code, but an idea.
I made it with a continuos form, changing the colors of the fields(room busy, free etc), using conditional formatting( also via code) to change colors, but the result is always that the refresh of the form is slow and (offcourse) that the fields not displayed are not formatted, and scrolling down or right the form i have really a bad view.Does exit any way to do it as well? Does exist an external control that would be better to use??
Any idea is accepted, also " IMPOSSIBLE MADE THIS WITH ACCESS"
Thank's in advance
MarioItaly

Ciao, Mario.

You are probably on the right track - but this is not an easy thing to work up, because of the ever-changing body of data. You may need to work with the size and position of your field on the continuous form to get a usable view - and depending on how you have the database set up, you might be able to 'force' a refresh of the form's data every n number of seconds.

I don't know of any external control. Does the ActiveX "grid" control offer anything? I haven't used it but it might be just what you need.

Buono fortuna ed ha divertimento!
"Remember, you're unique - just like everyone else"
You're invited to visit another free Access forum:
or my site,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back