Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reseating a card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyt

Technical User
Apr 21, 2006
US
I have an option 11c system and am having problems with a card. The problem occurred recently before and another person here familiar with the card fixed it. Problem is all I know that they did was to reseat card 18. I assume the card should be disabled and then enabled but beyond logging in to the system I have no idea what I’m doing. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

What is the card you want to reset/reseat?

Most cards can be disabled using the following procedure:

- Type: LD 32
- Wait for: .
- Type: DISC XX (XX is the card number for option 11C)
- The red led goes on, on the card
- Now you can safely remove the card
- Type: ****
- Log out from the switch

To enable the card do the following

- Type: LD 32
- Wait for: .
- Type: ENLC XX
- The red led goes off
- Type: ****
- log out from the switch

You do not have to logout from the switch or type ***** if you are going to enable the card again.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

I now have the card back in but it has a red light on the fron of it, and when I stat the card (LD 32, STAT 18) everything has a status of disabled (DSBL). I can not get them to come back to enabled. i belive the command is (LD 60, ENLL 18).

I belive that would have worked I wond up enabling each item ont the card on it's own using LD 32, enlu "card #" "0-15".

Thanks for the help and prompt response.

ld 32
disc 18

enlc 18

when you disc the lamp will light, when you reseat you will get a npr code twice.. you need to see the power lamp flash 3 times after you plug it in.. if not it would make a decent frisbee.. if that card needs reseating very often, replace it, if it gets any worse (and it will) it can take the system down..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back