Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reschedule a modified Crystal Report using CR 2011 SP7 and BOE 14.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatchesPete

Technical User
Jun 30, 2009
US
I have a Crystal Report that has 50 schedules pulling various parameters. I need to make a change to that report to modify one of the parameter's selection list. Is there a way to Save the new report to Enterprise (overwrite the existing Crystal Report) and see those changes within the existing schedules in BOE? Everything I have heard is I need to create 50 brand new schedules. Is that true? Is there a workaround? What is the most efficient way to recreate the 50 schedules?

Yes, unfortunately, this is true. There are some ways around it:

1. Through the use of a third-party tool that will reschedule them for you. You can take a look at for a good list of tools to get you started.

2. Write code to do this using the SDK. I have some Java code that I've written to do something similar in 4.1. It's pretty complicated, though.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back