Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Res. ISDN wiring - primarily RJ45 end termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avagadro

MIS
Apr 2, 2000
US
I am having ISDN hooked up to the house (in my area it is the only solution that actually works AND makes sense).&nbsp;&nbsp;I need to know how to wire the RJ-45 connector (going into a 3com/USR Courier I-Modem)I have recieved somewhat sketchy info so far - from what I understand you only need 2 wires and it is not polarity &quot;conscious&quot;.<br><br>I am using a 4 wire (2pair) standard telco cable (I am going to use these colors for simplicity: Red, Green, Yellow, Brown) What I have is set up with Red and Green to the RJ-45 connector pins 4&5 which also corresponds to the Telco Interface pin Green and Red.<br><br>Am I doing this right?&nbsp;&nbsp;(It isn't like wiring a CAT5 cable!) Thanks for any help to be offered!&nbsp;&nbsp;

Yes, The center 2 pins in the rj45 jack are all that is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back