Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RES 3700 SIM Scirpt ISL Send Item to KDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreasZ

Programmer
Aug 25, 2017
AT
We use a SIM Script to send Menu Items to a RemotOrder Device to Rush a Course (like Refire a Menu Item).
Now we want to switch from a Remote Printer to a KDS. Is there a Function to send the Order to KDS.
I Read about a Variable @KDS but i think this is only in Simphony.

The routing of products to KDS should work like any order device when configured. The print classes of the product need to include the enabling the KDS device.

Unless I am misunderstanding your question...

Hi,

in the Docu yes but i do something like this

Startprint @ORDR1, @ORDR2, "Error"
printline "My Menu Items"
Endbrint

if the @ORDR1 is a KDS it does not work. if it is a printer it works

Yeah, printline isn't supported for KDS.

Do things on a trans even if its fake. Like menu item with reference entry with you info or check info lines maybe (dont recall if those show on kds off top of my head).

You can use a sim to direct to a KDS but you cant use a sim to do any extra printing or display changes to a KDS.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the Production Items via sim?

I want to do something like this.

The Waiter Books the Dinner in the Morning on Hold. With a Sim (or something else) i want to increase the Production Items. So the Kitchen knows how much they have to produce.
At the Dinner we Fire the Items to the Kitchen which decrease the Production Items.

Any Idea how to realise something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back