Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rerpotnet: Synchronising user group in Cognos namespace from BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberda

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
FR
Synchronising user group in Cognos namespace from a BW hierarchy

Hi,

the datsource is SAP BW,

I would like to create in FM some security filter based on a sales rep and their customer hierarchy provided in SAP BW infocubes.

in order to do so, I would need:
1. import and synchronise group from this hierarchy into the cognos security name space. is there a way to import this automatically or do we have to recreate the hierarchy in cognos connexion namespace.
understand that we are not talking about the authentication provider hierarchy (this work fine between CRN and an SAP BW signon)here tbut really a hierarchy used for filtering query subjects.

2. Now, if i have a hierarchy of sales rep with their customer created under cognos namespace, is there a simple way to formulate a filter on this query subject hierarchy saying 'customers that belongs to the current sales rep signon'?

thanks in advance for your views on that,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back