Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rerouting Calls to Autovon Trunk Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestatp

Programmer
Oct 3, 2005
US
We have a few CS1000s that we are trying to get Commercial calls to reroute over our DSN trunks.

If our users are calling another base commercially, we want our users calls to automatically switch to our DSN trunks. So if a user calls 99-1-760-725-xxxx, we have an RLI to point the call to Rt 2 (our DSN trunk). It also drops 7 digits and adds in the DSN NXX. However, it isn't working correctly. As soon as the 5 in the above number is dialed, we get a fast busy.

If we change the RLI to point to Rt 1 (Our commercial trunk) it works correctly, we can see the digit manipulation in the trace and the call goes through the way we want.

Is there a reason that this could be happening? Maybe something to do with the fact that we are trying to go out an autovon trunk?

Thanks,
Tyler

We have figured out the problem. So if anyone ever has this same problem, the solution is simple.

Our CS1000s, are on software version 5.x. In LD 86 under AC1 and AC2, we have secondary digits(SDGT). 99, which is our access code to get off network. The SDGT of 9 was set to LOC, which allowed the call to be sent on our commercial trunks, but not our AUTOVON. We set SDGT 9 OFN7 and the calls were then allowed to be transfered to our AUTOVON route even when the commercial access code was dialed.

On a side note, if anyone has a copy of the Communication Server 1000 Software Input Output Reference — Administration for software version 5.x, I would love a copy of it. Avaya doesn't seem to have the updated version on their site. And none of the older versions have the SDGT information in them.

Thanks and hopefully this will help someone else in the future!

I don't see any reference to SDGT in my 5.5 or 6.0 books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back