Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reroute 911 calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdldean

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
US
On a Meridian Option 61C switch, can you reroute 911 calls so they stay "inhouse" and go to security. I am having a problem with international calls. Users are not dialing 011 after hiting "9". They instead dial 9 11 to place an international call.

Thank you,

cdldean

Hi
What about changing the SPN for digit 1 first create a new DMI that deletes nothing but inserts ZERO the a new RLB that will point to the new DMI.then

LD 90
REQ chg
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 1
FLEN 0
SDDR arrn
ARRN 1
ARLI new RLI
something like this( it's been awhile for me but it may work)so when 9 is dialled and then 11 the switch will route the call to you new RLI and using your new DMI it will insert a zero in front of the 11 try it let me know if it works..

Just a thought FoxTrott, but how will employees call 911 when they need to? Wouldn't dialing 911 essentialy be just like dialing 9, 011 ?

Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Just a though FoxTrott, but how will employees call 911 when they need to? Wouldn't dialing 911 essentialy be just like dialing 9, 011 ?

Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Hi Monkeylizard
Yes of course you are right, i had forgotten 911 was the US emergency number.....

Rather than making things harder set up these two SPN's and you will be all set

SPN 911
FLEN 4 -> This is the IMPORTANT part, this tells the PBX how many digits to expect before seizing a trunk i.e, 9+911.
ITOH NO
RLI 3 --> Your local (or dedicated 911) RLI

--> The following tells the PBX NOT to process calls that include any of the following digits AFTER the FLEN is exceeded.

DENY 0

DENY 1

DENY 2

DENY 3

DENY 4

DENY 5

DENY 6

DENY 7

DENY 8

DENY 9

SDRR DENY CODES = 10
ITEI NONE

This is the one some folks forget about, you NEED to allow calls to 911 to go even if the caller forgets to dial the access code i.e, 9 for the outside world. To allow for this requires that your RLI points to a DMI (digit manipulation index) which will take the SPN of 11 and add a 9 to it, so that the central office is presented with a 'real' 911 dial string to process.

SPN 11

SPN 11
FLEN 3
ITOH NO
RLI 5
DENY 0

DENY 1

DENY 2

DENY 3

DENY 4

DENY 5

DENY 6

DENY 7

DENY 8

DENY 9

SDRR DENY CODES = 10
ITEI NONE

This may be common practice for many of you but yours truly was not originally set up this way and only after a bad modem string (number entered 1-847-xxx-xxxx, comm software told to dial 9+1 switch & CO sees 911-847-xxx-xxxx) causing calls to PSAP did I realized where the problem lied.

Hope this helps!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back