Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Requires birthday to save and close

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfederer

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
After this user adds information to a contact and tries to save and close, Notes 5.0.11 on WinXP requires a birthday to be entered. He has been putting dummy dates in to get around it. This is not so much a problem as it is an annoyance. Has anyone else see this before?
Thanks
Josh

Does this happen just for one user? And is it the server directory, or a private one?

If this is a standard template, then something has gone wrong with it. Back it up first, and then go File -> Database -> Replace design and select the original template, if you still have it (probably one of the Notes defaults?)

Alternatively, if this is a custom-built database, then you'll have to go into Designer and have a look at the Validation formulas, I think.

If its a user's private address book, it might be possible to replace the design with that of another user's address book if it is not a standard template, although I've never done this myself... Sorry if this is no help - I'm a beginner, I'm afraid, but I tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back