Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Requirements for Crystal Reports Server AD Administration Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRemington

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
AU
I have to implement Crystal Reports Server and our network administrator wants to create a separate Active Directory account for Crystal Reports Server to use for the Active Directory Authentication integration.

Our network administrator is pretty strict about the new accounts especially created for systems and will only create an account with the minimum rights necessary.

I don't know a lot about AD account and the sort of rights available so I would like to know what are the minimum requirements are for a Windows Active Directory account that would be suitable to use as the "AD Administration" account within Crystal Reports Server.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Regards,
Steve Remington

How many groups/users are you going to be pulling in to CR-XI SERVER for WinAD authentication?

Do they all belong to the same DOMAIN and the same Forest?

There will only one AD group required (e.g. CRS_Users).

Any other group stuff will be managed using the groups mechanism internal to CRS.

Thanks for you reply,

Regards,
Steve Remington

You'll only need enough rights for authentication of other users. This may sound simplistic, but I believe most users in AD have this right by default.

Hi,
For checking on Authentication the account only needs read access to the AD tree - to Add/Remove AD authenticated users, more rights would be needed, of course.

If you plan to access other file servers in your domain ( like to use for your FRS directories), there needs to be an account in the Domain that the services run under which has full access rights to those directories..

That account ( or another Domain one) may need access to the CMS database server if it is also on a separate machine..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back