Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Required Field in Word 2002? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark929

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
I'm working on a fillable document in Word 2002. Is there a way to create a required field in Word? I'm trying to do something similar to the "Required Field Validator" in .Net.

Thanks

Mark

Could you be a little more specific? Fillable document is too vague. Fillable how? By FormFields? By a userforms that takes data input and put that into bookmarks?

In any case, the answer is yes, you can make whatever your field is, required. Essentially, and a lot depends on how you are "filling" the document, you have some logic testing on the contents of the field. If it is blank, or arithmetic when it is supposed to be text, or text when it is supposed to be numbers...whatever, test the contents and if it is not what you want, or expect, don't let the user exit until they do fill it out properly.

If you post more details we may be able to suggest a more specific solution.

Hope this helps.

Gerry

Gerry,

Thank you for your reply. I have decided to create the form in ASP.Net, But I do appreciate your info about Word. I may need to use Word for other forms in the future, and it's nice to know that required fields are possible.

Thanks again,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back