Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Require Urgent Help on Cube Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganas

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
Hiee all,
I need some helpful tips on cube sizing. Currently i am into a project where we are delivering cognos reports on the web through Upfront. These are analysis reports. I have 10 Reports to deliver on the web. As of now i have Enterprise server, which picks up the cubes from a file server where i am gonna store the cube. For this aproach, i need to come up with a proper sizing of cube with what way i can handle the growth of the cube etc.. Is there any standard document on the web which can help me to calculte cube sizing? If any one has worked ont this and ready to help me out that will be a great value for me.
This is urgent!

Regards
Gana

Hi,

You have a whole chapitre in Cognos PowerPlay administrator cours who explain what will be the size of a cube depending on number of mesures/dimension/categories, plus type of mesures, number of currency, ...

If it's what you need, I can write you all this parameters

Thanks a lot Suedois for your promt reply.
Is this comes with the documentation available with the product?

lemme know...
regards
Gana

Hi Ganas,

Sorry, but I don't no if it's part of product documentation. What is sure is that it's in PowerPlay advanced cours.

You want that I make you a small summary ?

Sure...
That would be a great help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back