Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

request variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derketa

Programmer
May 13, 2002
TR
Hi,
I need to redirect my page to itself on th onChange event of the select box with the value selected.I am using:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function redirect(URLStr) { location = URLStr; }
</script>

<select name="select_project" id="select_project" onChange="javascript:redirect('add_pro_sv.php?sproject=this.value');">

How can i use this variable in my php code?

try this, and use the value of the option as your var.

Code:
<select onChange="if(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value.length>0){top.location.href=''add_pro_sv.php?sproject='+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value}">

hth

simon

I tried but did not work,it did not redirect also.

it did not work" ?

It does work, I would class user error as the problem.

providing javascript is enabled, which would also exclude ur code. This will redirect the page.

try this:

Code:
<select onChange="if(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value.length>0){top.location.href=''add_pro_sv.php?sproject='+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value}">
<option>** Select **</option>
<option value="testme">Test Me</option>
</select>

hth

simon

Simon,

Both versions of your code suffer from the same problem - double apostrophes directly after "top.location.href=".

Hope this solves the ''user error'' problem ;o)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back