Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Request a tool to work with Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

florida41

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
I need to download a GUI tool so I can start working with Oracle 8 database on my Unix server. I am working on a Windows 2000 workstation and usually use Access 2000 database which comes with a GUI tool to interact with the database. Please advise where I can get a free GUI tool to download to my workstation so I can start working with Oracle 8. If nothing available is free I would like any recommendations for a GUI tool?

Thanks, also if we do have Oracle on our server, isnt there a client software tool that the server admins should have got with the Oracle license? If so then they should have the Oracle client for me to load on my workstation and what exactly is this Oracle client tool called???

As far as Oracle, I think all you get is SQLPlus

The admins (you mean DBA's, right?) should get enterprise manager which has some good GUI features for viewing session activity, database configuration info., and the like. If you buy the full DBA version of Toad, you'll probably find their DBA features easier to use.

TOAD or Lecco SQL Expert, which just bought TOAD.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back